- Essential English Grammar
- English Insight
- Cambridge Grammar and Vocabulary for First and First for Sch...
- Basic College Writing with 5 Sentence Patterns
- A Practical English Grammar 4th Edition
- Reading Workout with Grammar
- An A - Z of Common English Errors for Japanese Learners
- Just Grammar American Edition
- Grammar Compass
- The Heinle Reading Library: Academic Content Collection
- DELTA Adventures in English
- Summertown Readers
- Pearson English Readers (Penguin Readers)
- Oxford Bookworms Club Stories for Reading Circles
- Oxford Bookworms Library
- Cambridge English Readers
- Pearson English Active Readers (Penguin Active Reading)
- Oxford Bookworms Collections
- その他Geoffrey Chaucer, writer of the first great works of English Literature William Shakespeare, writer of the greatest plays in history Charles Dickens who wanted to make England a better place Victor Hugo, the French writer who cared about the poor Leo Tolstoy, the man who wrote War and Peace Rudyard Kipling who wrote The Jungle Book and won a Nobel Prize
Word count: 12,886
Headword count: 1,039
Each book includes a free CD with a full recording of each story. PLUS: visit www.collinselt.com/readers for videos, teacher resources and self-study materials.
This book is Level 3 in the Collins ELT Readers series. Level 3 is equivalent to CEF level B1.
About the Amazing People series: A unique opportunity for learners of English to read about the exceptional lives and incredible abilities of some of the most insightful people the world has seen.
Each book contains six short stories, told by the characters themselves, as if in their own words. The stories explain the most significant parts of each character’s life, giving an insight into how they came to be such an important historic figure.
After each story, a timeline presents the most major events in their life in a clear and succinct fashion. The timeline is ideal for checking comprehension or as a basis for project work or further research.