- Essential English Grammar
- English Insight
- Cambridge Grammar and Vocabulary for First and First for Sch...
- Basic College Writing with 5 Sentence Patterns
- A Practical English Grammar 4th Edition
- Reading Workout with Grammar
- An A - Z of Common English Errors for Japanese Learners
- Just Grammar American Edition
- Grammar Compass
- The Heinle Reading Library: Academic Content Collection
- DELTA Adventures in English
- Summertown Readers
- Pearson English Readers (Penguin Readers)
- Oxford Bookworms Club Stories for Reading Circles
- Oxford Bookworms Library
- Cambridge English Readers
- Pearson English Active Readers (Penguin Active Reading)
- Oxford Bookworms Collections
The Garnet Oracle Classics use the same grading system as the original fiction readers in the Garnet Oracle Readers series. They make great English classic stories accessible at an Intermediate level of English. As well as the headword counts, each reader is carefully and strictly graded for grammatical structures, sentence length and cultural information. This ensures that the readers can be read for pleasure. There are a number of content words per reader in addition to the word count, and these extra words will appear more than once in the story. They will often be illustrated and will be in the glossary at the back of the book. Each reader also includes resource pages of scaffolded exercises to reinforce learning.
The adaptations were written by Peter Viney, the Series Editor, and author of many original graded readers. The initial readers are by William Shakespeare, Daniel Defoe and Emily Brontë. Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare is presented in dialogue as a play.
Level: CEF: B1 to B2